We’re excited to announce that you can receive additional bonus money for your energy efficiency projects through the Made in Illinois Bonus!
If you’re an Ameren Illinois business customer who purchases and installs Illinois-manufactured products in your facility while completing an energy efficiency project, the Made in Illinois Bonus is for you! Your facility could receive up to 20% more incentive dollars on your energy efficiency projects* — shortening your project payback period even further! For projects completed by March 31, 2022, we’ll add a 20% bonus to your incentive — automatically. Please refer to the chart below for details on the tiered bonus:
|Complete Your Project By:||Made In Illinois Bonus Amount:|
|March 31, 2022||20%|
|June 30, 2022||15%|
|Sept. 30, 2022||10%|
Eligibility: Equipment must be at least 50% manufactured and/or assembled in Illinois (exclusive of packaging and installation); product installation is not considered “assembly”. The project must be completed between Jan. 1, 2022 and Sept. 30, 2022.
How to Apply: A section has been added to all energy efficiency project applications for the Made in Illinois Bonus and includes the following:
- A checkbox to indicate if the equipment listed on the application meets the criteria
- A line to enter equipment manufacturer and model
- Instructions to submit documentation of eligible equipment with the application
- Documentation of eligibility must be either a listing of the equipment on the BuildingClean.org website showing that it was made in Illinois, or an affidavit from the manufacturer attesting that the equipment meets the criteria
* This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers or bonuses. Only non-residential customer projects are eligible for this bonus. This bonus does not apply to the Online Store, Instant Incentives, Midstream HVAC/HPWH Offerings, Small Business Direct Install projects, Staffing Grant, Strategic Energy Management (SEM), Metering & Monitoring, Feasibility Study, or Building Energy Assessment (BEA). Bonuses are capped at $10,000 per project. Project and paperwork must adhere to all Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program guidelines and requirements. This Bonus is based on Program funding and may be suspended at any time. Projects must be completed on or after January 1, 2022. Projects that had financial commitment or were pre-approved prior to December 1, 2021 are not eligible for the incentive bonus.