Make an Energy Savings Splash
Pool Pump Rebates
It’s estimated that swimming pools account for as much as 17% of energy costs in homes. Swimming pools use energy in a variety of ways but you reduce your energy costs by taking steps to improve your pool’s efficiency. For example, replacing your existing pool pump with an ENERGY STAR® certified variable-speed pool pump can reduce your pool's energy use by as much as 75%.
Benefits of upgrading your pump:
- Save up to $300 annually in energy costs — that’s $3,000 over the life of the pump
- Use as little as one-third the electricity of single-speed pumps
- Variable-speed pumps operate more quietly and prolong the life of your pool's filtering system
Better yet, now you can receive a generous cash incentive from Ameren Illinois for improving the efficiency of your pool — $275 per qualifying pump!
The eligibility requirements to receive the pool pump incentive are as follows:
- Must be current Ameren Illinois residential electric delivery service customer.
- Must be a new ENERGY STAR certified variable-speed pool pump installed on an in-ground pool.
- Can be a new installation or replacement of an existing single-speed pump.
- Limited to one pool pump rebate per household.
- Pool pump must be purchased, installed, and application submitted within 30 days of purchase or by Dec. 31, 2019, whichever comes first.
- Rebate will not exceed the purchase price of the pool pump, excluding taxes, shipping, and installation charges.
- Rebate eligibility requirements are subject to change without notice, including early termination of this promotion.
- This rebate does not apply to single-speed, two-speed, or multi-speed pool pumps.